Floor No.(with elevator)
|地址||Commercial Rd, E1 1NZ London, 英国|
The apartment with wooden floors features a bedroom with a double bed, and an open-plan lounge/kitchen with flat-screen TV, 2 sofa beds and a dining area. There is a fully-equipped kitchen and a tiled bathroom with a shower.
Whitechapel Tube Station is just 10 minutes’ walk away. Westminster is just 15 minutes’ journey by Tube, whilst Piccadilly Circus is just 25 minutes’ journey by Tube. Numerous 24-hour bus routes service Canary Wharf and The West End.
The buzzing nightlife of Brick Lane is within 15 minutes’ walk and the famous Spitalfields Market is just 20 minutes’ walk away.
Guests benefit from a 24-hour concierge service.
Guests must clean up after themselves.
Please treat the apartment as you would your own home.
|月租价格||$ 2824 US|
Breakfast is ridiculous. What am I going to do with some cereals without any milk ?
There have been no kitchen towels at all :(
One bed in the living room was broken and therefore it was not possible for two people to sleep in it. We had to remodel everything.
The appartement was really very very very loud, especially in the bedroom. You could close the windows, but they haven't been thight enough to keep the noise outside.
It was quite clean and everything else was fine.
This was my first Wimdu booking and I will try hard to be objective despite being very disappointed with the actual accommodation experience.
1. Location of apartment is great. It's on the 8th floor of an 11 storey apartment block, with excellent access into the City of London and London City Airport. Yes, it is on a busy road, but hey, it is London. The windows did all close contrary to previous reviews, but all were locked bar one, and we had no key to open them with. We wound up having to open the apartment door to get some airflow happening.
2. The photos on the website, were clearly taken some time ago. The apartment has had a very tough life since then. On our last day the concierge of the building was telling me how the apartment is supposed to be for residents, and not for short term holiday lets, and this may be why the cleaning and maintenance is not up to the standard of even a 2 star hotel, or an apartment that actually had its owner in it on a regular basis.
3. The standard of maintenance in the public areas of the building are is poor. Reception area was grotty for 4 of the 5 days we stayed, the rooftop terrace was unloved, and the elevators weren't cleaned - someone had been sick in one on the day we arrived - that took 3 days to get cleaned up. Milk had been spilt in the other elevator mid week and it was still there when we finished our booking. The common hallways were not vacuumed in the 5 days we were there, and fire safety equipment and signs were lying about on the floor.
4. The apartment cleanliness was.......very poor. Mould in the bathroom and peeling paint on the walls. Shower tiles hadn't been cleaned. Mystery stickiness on the bathroom floor and bath surround. Mystery stains on all bed covers and the sofa. Light bulbs missing in multiple fittings. I had to wash my hands of grease after trying to turn on the cooker extractor and after viewing the oven, decided to eat out instead. Sticky light switches. Floor under the beds and sofa hadn't seen a vacuum or mop for some time. Rubbish in the bedroom cupboards. There was no way we were going to eat from the cereal box or drink with the tea/coffee making facilities after inspecting the contents....the kitchen and bathroom sinks were clean though. The actual bed linen and bathroom towels were clean. Cutlery needed to be rewashed before any use, but crockery was all clean.
5. Instructions to gain access to the property were all incorrect. The door code was wrong. The key wasn't where it was supposed to be. Luckily we had residents arrive at the building at the same time as us who gave us assistance.
6. Apartment is large by London standards and has good natural light. Don't think I'd want to be there as a group of 6 unless we were VERY close friends/family, but as a group of 3 or 4, it is definitely suitable.
8. We booked this because the value for money appeared to be great, and the website photos really make this look like a well kept and really nice place to stay. Wrong on both counts. If we had the chance for an advance inspection upon arrival, we would have happily cancelled our booking, and paid more money just to stay somewhere that offered basic cleanliness and was actually geared to regular holiday rental usage.